Kitchen Paint Color
Use your kitchen paint color to brighten your space and express your personal style. A creative use of color can
be a great budget friendly way to give your space a whole new look. Whether you're looking to create a sleek, retro
or nostalgic feel, finding the right color palette to emphasize your new style is the key.
What's the Kitchen's Theme?...
Is it traditional? Modern? Industrial? Country?
Each different theme will give you a direction into various interior paint color schemes.
If you are re-painting an existing space ask yourself...
- What color is your kitchen now?
- Why is it no longer working for you?
- Do you want something more exciting? Toned down? Trendy? Neutral?
When looking for a new kitchen wall decor, remember to keep in mind the existing finishes and lighting layout.
If you are looking to simply remodel a space or do complete remodel, the surrounding items will have a huge effect
on the overall end result. Coordination with surrounding items is the key when choosing the right kitchen paint
When coordinating new kitchen paint color with an existing space
consider the colors of existing:
Another item that may effect the look of your kitchen paint color is lighting. In a dimly lit space, colors will naturally look darker than expected.
They will also take on a slightly different shade under fluorescent fixtures compared to halogens. Light color
levels can sometimes only make a slight difference but this slight difference can sometimes compromise the expected
A Visit to the Paint Store...
- Ideally, it's best to not purchase any interior paint color on your first visit to the paint store.
Instead, gather as many samples and ideas you can to review at home.
- Hold the samples up to the various existing elements during different times of day and choose two or three
that seem to really work well in your space.
- Take the two or three best options back to the paint store and get a larger color sample made up (usually
an 8" x 10" sheet). This will give you a better idea of what the color will actually look like once painted in
a larger scale.
- Return back home with the larger samples and review your best options again. Evaluate each sample by
holding them up to the various existing items in your kitchen.
- Choose your favorite and start painting!
- If none of larger samples seem to be working for you, return to the paint store and start again.
Kitchen Color Ideas
Take advantage of the minimal wall space available for kitchen paint
color. Many kitchen wall decor trends are applying bursts of bold color to complement the colors of the
cabinets and countertops.
Did you know that some colors can help stimulate certain moods?
Warm colors are said to be stimulating and increase appetite: Red, Orange, & Yellow.
Cool colors are said to be relaxing and decrease appetite: Blue, Indigo, & Violet.
Colors that fall between warm and cool are said to be relaxing with a balanced appetite influence: Green.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Return from Kitchen Paint Color to Kitchen Designs
Return back to Home Page